Wednesday, January 13, 2010

so it has been nearly a year...

yes in ten days it will have been a year since our John went to heaven..well actually nine days since the "incident" and then he passed away within twenty four hours. How our lives have changed. Dave is in school now, halfway finished actually. Jarrod and I are still at home, homeschooling, but we are different. Truly I cannot say I have ever experienced sadness before this, I might have thought I was sad, but this is a physical ache, a pain that starts at your throat and moves into your chest and then the pit of your stomach. No one should ever have to bury a child, ever.
For my friends who know me well, this wont seem as odd (because you already know I have a squirrely brain LOL) Last night I was laying in bed, thinking about this past year, and I though what if I wake up in January 24th, and find this was all a dream, a year long dream, what if my John was in his bed snoozing away, how happy I would be to see him. I do realize that is not going to happen, so no need to call the guys with the strait jacket. But there are times when it has seemed like a nightmarish life, that I would wish I could just wake up.

When you say yours prayers include a prayer for our family...
God Bless You !!

4 comments:

  1. Cindy,
    I just read the comment you left on my blog Through my tears, so I thought I would see who wrote the comment. I was delighted to find you too had a blog. I am so sorry for your loss! What a sad story about your beloved son. It is amazing to me that kids "play" such games (?) how it can be considered a game is beyond me. My heart goes out to you. Allowing God to use your story to touch others lives is a blessing. If we offer ourselves in all of our broken-ness to God, He truly can use even us! Keep writing, keep serving!
    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy its so hard to realize that its been a year. A long hard year for you. I pray that God will heal your heart and continue to use you and your experience to bless and inform others.
    Love
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy I too think it would be awesome for you to awake and find John snoring in his whitie tighties... but we know God has other plans for you all... Praying He will breath a breath of peace over you...I love you dearly and have been thinking of you alot lately... Talk to you soon...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all and praying during this time. I cannot believe it has been a year already. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete