Monday, June 2, 2014

Decoration 2014 A Southern Tradition

Photo: My John's grave today at decorationThe first weekend of June every year, marks decoration at the Dennard cemetery. For southerners, this marks the time we go to the cemetery and decorate the graves of all our loved ones. It is high-lighted with a church program, which is followed by a potluck dinner. This is a time you see people you haven't seen in a while. Sometimes since the year before and sometimes longer, if they don't make it there every year.  This is not a sad time, or it isn't for me. I enjoy seeing the bright and beautiful flowers that are on the graves, and I enjoy visiting with old friends and family  I just wanted to post this, to let you know I am ok. I don't struggle with this event. Yes my son passed away, yes we miss him daily, and we wonder all the what ifs, but God has been gracious and granted us peace. We know John is in heaven and we have the hope of joining him there someday.  I like to take pictures just as a way to dedicate to my memory, the years of his passing.  So to all my friends, thank you for your love and for your hugs.  Here is right back atcha..((((((HUGS)))))

No comments:

Post a Comment